Hi! My name is Jennifer, and I am the lifestyle blogger behind the name “Good Life Detroit”
In my everyday life, I am a hot mess trying to homeschool my teens, chase around my two toddlers, and care for my newborn baby.
In my spare time, I enjoy exploring Detroit and the Metro area and photographing Detroit city life. I share my explorations and my love for Detroit on my blog!
Good Life Detroit is a lifestyle blog highlighting stories about life in Detroit, Metro Detroit, and other cities in Michigan.
How I Started Good Life Detroit
When I first created Good Life Detroit, it was called “The Good Life”. I focused on writing about family life and my family’s big move to Metro Detroit.
Soon I started exploring Detroit and the metro area to learn more about our new home. It wasn’t long before I fell in love with Detroit and the city life. (I have always been a lover of big cities and fascinated with the city life.)
I started documenting my new experiences on my blog and social media. I then decided to shift the focus of my blog “The Good Life” to feature more Detroit life. I wanted to show people there is good in Detroit and all of the cool things about Detroit. This change in content led to the blog’s name change– “Good Life Detroit”.
It wasn’t long before I fell in love with Detroit and the city life. I wanted to show people there is good in Detroit and all of the cool things about Detroit!
What I Love About Detroit
- I find the city’s diverse culture and rich history very intriguing.
- I love the art scene here. It really inspires me as a creative.
- I most especially LOVE the mural art!
- Detroit pride is very catching! Detroiters are proud of their city!
- The food. Um, hello?! Detroit food is delicious!
- There’s always something to do here. From festivals, cultural events, to exploring the nature parks, we never run out of things to do. I seriously do not know how anyone can live here and say they’re bored.
- And I love…you know what? You’d be here scrolling forever if I listed all of the reasons why I love Detroit because there are so many things I love about the city! That’s why I started this blog– to show you all of the wonderful things I love about Detroit. 🙂
You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (@goodlifedetroit for all three accounts).
Thank you for visiting Good Life Detroit!
Email me if you are interested in working with me!