What’s one #momhack you would recommend to a friend?
For me, it’s got to be babywearing! Seriously, friends. I don’t know what life would be like if I didn’t have the option to wear my baby. I wouldn’t be able to get half of my errands done without it. True story!
Zephaniah (now 5 months) loves me so much that he wants to be with me 95% of the time that he is awake. 🙂 (That’s a nice way to say he wants to be held all of the time.) Right now, he’s experiencing a little separation anxiety when I don’t hold him. He cries even if Travis, Elijah, or Michala hold him. It doesn’t matter if I am in the same room with him, either. He still cries.
It breaks my heart because he gives me a sad look while sticking out his bottom lip. If I leave the room while someone else is holding him, he cries even harder and louder. Bless his heart.
“I’m just going to the bathroom, Zephaniah. I’ll be right back. I promise.” Still cries.
I mean, of course, he doesn’t understand I’ll be right back, but I still try to offer some comforting words. Mainly, for myself, because it makes me sad to see my baby crying for me.
I love, love, love holding my baby!
He is so sweet and cuddly, and that sweet baby smell…UGH! Smells so good! I’m always giving Zephaniah kisses on his little chubby cheeks, and he just happily giggles. But let’s be real – I still have to get things done around the house and I have four other children to care for at home.
Not to mention, I also work from home. If I could, I would be more than happy to hold Zephaniah all of the time. The reality of my #momlife is I can’t hold him all of the time so it’s #babywearing to the rescue!
The Baby Carrier I’m Using
We are currently using the Boba baby carrier. I bought it in 2016 when Zechariah (now 2) was a baby. I mainly used it for when we went out to events or to Downtown Detroit. Zechariah didn’t care much for being in a baby carrier at home. When I would wear Zechariah in the Boba at events, his patience was limited.
Zephaniah, on the other hand, (Am I confusing you with the Z names? 🙂 I know – it gets confusing sometimes. I even mix up my little boys’ names, too. LOL) loves to be held in the Boba for a very long time. He even falls asleep in it. It has made life so much easier for me because I am able to wash the dishes, do a little light cooking, and get other errands done around the house.
Never leave home without it!
A couple of weeks ago, we went to Hobby Lobby to look for new Valentine’s decorations and new wall decor for our house. I was planning on bringing Zephaniah’s car seat carrier into the store, but I noticed Hobby Lobby’s carts were too small for his car seat.
Luckily, I remembered to bring my Boba with me so I was able to carry Zephaniah in the baby carrier the entire time we were at the store. It was perfect!
Why I Love Babywearing
1. Keeps baby close. Don’t get me wrong I do love strollers. I like to use strollers from time to time, but babywearing is special because while I am moving around, I can still keep Zephaniah close to me.
2. Handsfree. Babywearing allows me to still use my two hands while also holding Zephaniah. Sometimes when I try to hold him with one arm and then get something done with the other arm, it can be challenging. He starts to get heavy or I need two hands for a project. Babywearing is a great way to keep baby safe while being handsfree!
3. Soothes a fussy baby. Whenever Zephaniah is crying or fussy, I can put him in the Boba and the majority of the time he calms down.
4. Helps baby go to sleep. I have times, just like any other parent, when I have to get something done. Those are the times I put Zephaniah in his Boba. He almost always falls asleep while he’s in it. He can safely sleep in the Boba while I finish up a project. Once I’m done, I gently take him out of the baby carrier and put him in his bassinet.
5. Easier on the back. Since giving birth to Zephaniah, I have been experiencing back pain. Sometimes, when I hold him for a long time, my back starts hurting. When I wear him in the Boba, though, my back doesn’t hurt. It actually provides more back support.
6. Special bonding. I honestly believe babywearing is a special bonding time between Zephaniah and I. It is also a special bonding time for Travis and Zephaniah. There’s just something special about holding your baby close to you even when you are on the go or busy around the house.
7. Other family members can do it! Elijah (17) and Michala (15) love to babywear. Michala asks me all of the time if she can wear Zephaniah in the Boba! (If you have older children, I recommend teens wear the baby carrier – just to be on the safe side.)
What about you? Do you have a favorite baby carrier for your little one?
Also, let me know which baby carrier you recommend for toddlers. I’d like to get two for the boys so Travis and I can wear them on our backs when we go out.
Three Baby Carriers You May Like:
2. Baby K’tan ORIGINAL Baby Carrier | $49.95
3. Boba 4G Baby Carrier | $150.99