Are you entertaining this weekend for the Super Bowl? Travis and I will probably stay home and cook homemade appetizers and our favorite desserts. We’re not big football fans (Shh! Don’t tell anyone!), but I think we’ll watch some of the game and check out the Super Bowl Halftime Show.
On Monday, I did a TV segment for the ABC-7 WXYZ Morning Show. I partnered with TopCashback.com to share tips on how to save money when planning a Super Bowl party. You can watch the video here if you’d like to see the segment, or watch the video below!
TopCashback.com is a cashback/rebates website where you can sign up for a free account to earn cash back rebates on online purchases you make. Most cashback sites will give a fraction of this commission back to you, but TopCashback is the ONLY site that returns 100% of the commission back to shoppers as a cashback rebate.
If you’d like to sign up for an account on TopCashback.com, the process is really simple. I signed up for a free account the other day, and I plan on using the website for my online shopping. My mom’s birthday is the end of this month, and Michala and Elijah have big birthdays coming up, too. She’ll be 16 in March and Elijah will be 18 in April. (UGH! Slow down time!) With all of the birthday shopping I’ll be doing, I could definitely use a bargain shopping opportunity to save some money.
Here’s how you can sign up for a free TopCashback.com account:
Sign up and log into your TopCashback account.
Search for a retailer and hit “Get Cashback Now”. The site will automatically redirect you to make your purchase at the retailer’s website.
Behind the scenes, TopCashback will be able to see how much you’ve spent and award your cashback account with the appropriate rebate.
If you have any questions about signing up for an account, just let me know and I can get the answers for you!
A Delicious Seafood Appetizer for Your Next Gathering
And if you’re looking for an appetizer recipe for your upcoming Super Bowl party or another get together you’re planning, check out this yummy Grilled Roasted Shrimp with Southwestern Sauce recipe! Paul Kenny, cook and writer of Impromptu Friday Nights: A Guide to Supper Clubs, created this recipe. Paul used to work for Kraft Foods for 35 years as VP of Marketing for the ingredients business. You can read more about Paul here.
Both recipes for the grilled shrimp and southwestern sauce are very easy to make. Hope you like the recipe, and if you’d like to check out Paul’s book, you can take a look at it on Amazon Prime here. It’s featured for the low price of $17.93 right now. Hope you like Paul’s recipes!
Grilled Roasted Shrimp Recipe
- 2 lbs. deveined shell on U 15 (15 per pound) shrimp
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove shell except for the tail.
- Place raw shrimp between two paper towels and store in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Place shelled shrimp on a work surface and brush with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your grill skillet to high.
- Grill the shrimp on one side only allowing the bottom to char and top to barely cook through (5 to 8 minutes) being careful to not overcook the shrimp.
Southwestern Sauce Recipe
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon of ancho chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients above until well blended.
- You can serve this sauce in a small bowl for dipping or transfer it to a squirt bottle for plating/decoration.
Cookbook and recipe images used with permission from the Paul Kenny team.