Happy Friday, friends!
I have another yummy chicken-based recipe to share with you today. If you love chicken tacos and chicken wraps, then you will for sure love today’s chicken shawarma recipe!
Chicken shawarma is a new dish for me. I actually didn’t try it until I moved to Michigan. The first time I tried it was at a farmer’s market. Travis had bought a chicken shawarma at a food truck (another great love of mine) and he let me try it. I absolutely loved it and ever since then, I have been hooked on chicken shawarmas!
Chicken shawarma is not complicated to make at all. It’s super easy and very delicious. Having the right spices to season your chicken is also key to this recipe. We used Kashat Spices‘ Chicken Shawarma recipe and their chicken shawarma spice to season the chicken. It turned out really good! I think you will like this recipe, too.
You can purchase Kashat Spices Chicken Shawarma spice here if you’d like to order it.
Chicken Shawarma Recipe by Kashat Spices
2 lbs. boneless chicken breast
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. chicken shawarma seasoning
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Take boneless skinless chicken breast (2lbs), slice into 5-6 pieces and place in bowl.
- Mix marinade using 3 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp chicken shawarma seasoning, ½ tsp. garlic powder and mix in a separate bowl.
- Coat chicken with marinade.
- Place all chicken in marinade and stir until all pieces of chicken are coated.
- Let chicken marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Place chicken into preheated oven at 400 degrees on a foil-lined baking sheet and cook for about 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove chicken and let it slightly cool.
- Cut chicken into small shawarma pieces (small thin pieces).
- Heat skillet with 1 tbsp oil over medium heat and sauté one half of chicken for 3-4 minutes or until smallest piece of chicken is nice and brown and crispy
- Add another tbsp. oil and cook second half of chicken same way
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
About Kashat Spices
Kashat Spices is a family owned business which has been producing flavorful spice blends for over 30 years. Located in Madison Heights, Michigan, the business expanded their business in 2010 to provide service to consumers, food service outlets, and manufacturing industries.
My friends at Kashat Spices were very kind to gift my family a few of their spices: 7 Spice (Season All), Chicken Shawarma, Oregano, and Season Salt. We have used the spices for chicken shawarma, fried chicken, and spaghetti. We love Kashat Spices! I hope you do, too.
If you try this recipe, leave me a comment below and let me know how you liked it! Enjoy!