Happy Friday, friends!
I am SO happy the weekend is finally here because this week has been a very busy week for me. Travis started work at a temp job so we had to readjust to his working outside of the home again.
It was nice having him home for four weeks and getting extra help, but I am very thankful he was able to get this temp job. It is a great blessing to our family, even if the job is only temporary.
Do you have any plans this weekend? I am praying for springlike weather so we can get out of the house and do something fun in the city. I am over this winter weather in the spring! It’s time for sunny days and warmer temps.
Yesterday, Zhen asked me when will it be spring. I had to explain to her it already is spring, but the weather just doesn’t feel like it. I know she was really confused. Lol!
Since this week has been so busy, I haven’t really had an opportunity to get some time to myself. I feel like I’ve heard “Mom” and “Mommy” said a million and one times. I think this weekend I’m going to take a few hours to do something for myself.
I’m thinking about going to Target to buy a new spring outfit for myself or visiting my favorite coffee shop and reading a book. After the busy week I’ve had, I could definitely use a little “Me Time”.
If you’ve had a busy week like me, then do something nice for yourself this weekend. Remember, to take time for you. Life gets very busy with long to-do lists and family responsibilities. In order to give your full attention to these responsibilities, it’s important to take care of yourself. You have to make you a priority in your life, too.
Here are 7 nice things to do for yourself this weekend:
1. Go to your favorite coffee shop and buy a cup of coffee. Read a book while you’re there or just sit or invite a friend to join you to catch up.
2. Visit your local market and buy yourself fresh flowers. I always love buying fresh flowers to put in our home. It makes the atmosphere very cheerful.
3. Order takeout from your favorite restaurant and take it to the park and enjoy the food. Just you! I don’t know how many times I wish I could go pick up one of my favorite dishes like a Philly cheese steak sandwich and just enjoy it for myself. No sharing or ordering four different meals for the kids. Ha!
4. Catch up on some much-needed rest and take a nap! Have your spouse or partner watch the kids for a couple of hours so you can rest. If you don’t have kids, then all the more reason to take a few hours to yourself to nap. According to the Mayo Clinic, there are many health benefits of napping such as relaxation, reduced fatigue, increased alertness, and improved mood.
5. Buy yourself a bag of your favorite chocolate or sweet treat. Put it in a place where only you can find it. I like to get a bag of my favorite chocolate and keep it in a place that the kids won’t get it. I usually keep it in a cabinet that’s up high. It’s my “Mom Stash”. I grab a piece of chocolate throughout the week when I am having a hard day or I just feel like eating something sweet.
6. Go to the library and check out a book to read. Then read it at the library for an hour or two. Or take your book to a coffee shop or park and enjoy reading without any distractions. Make sure you put your phone on silent so you can enjoy your time to yourself.
7. If you have the extra cash, buy yourself a new spring outfit. Target is having a great sale right now on tees and tanks: buy 3 for $20 (regular price is $8 a shirt). Or buy a cute spring dress like this one. I’m really loving the floral prints for spring. You can get 20% off your dress purchase when you use the code AND20!
Whatever you decide to do this weekend, I hope you choose to do something that makes you happy. You deserve it. I hope you have a blessed weekend!
And here are the posts that were featured in Good Life Detroit this week:
Apply for a Metro Detroit Youth Day Scholarship! (Deadline is April 27th!)
Here’s How You Can Get Involved with #BlackMaternalHealthWeek (ends Tuesday, April 17th)
Feature image by Clem Onojeghuo.