Today’s blog post is sponsored by Tropical Smoothie Cafe. My family and I were invited to try the new Southfield, Michigan location (Evergreen Road) and share our experience on the blog. We received a complimentary smoothie and meal at the cafe. This review of Tropical Smoothie Cafe is our honest opinion of our visit and food experience.
Are you a smoothie lover who loves healthy drinks and fresh food made to order? Then you need to try Tropical Smoothie Cafe! Tropical Smoothie Cafe (TSC) is a restaurant which features healthy smoothies and some indulgent ones, too.
TSC uses the freshest ingredients for their smoothies giving you a nutritious drink or meal. You can add fresh add-ins to your smoothie, such as spinach, kale, ginger, and whole grain oats. Or even supplements like Vitamin C Immune Complex, Probiotic, Vitamin B12, and more!
Hungry for a nutritious meal? Tropical Smoothie Cafe offers fresh flatbreads and sandwiches, hand-made wraps, and gourmet salads. Not to mention, they also serve breakfast all day! TSC prepares their salads, sandwiches, and wraps with high-quality meats and cheeses, along with fresh produce. Tropical Smoothie Cafe’s healthy food options are a great alternative to the traditional (and often times unhealthy) fast-food meals from competitors.
Tropical Smoothie Cafe reached out to Good Life Detroit and invited my family and me to visit the new Southfield, Michigan location located at 11 Mile and Evergreen Road. My family loves smoothies; we make homemade smoothies at home very often. And we especially love going to restaurants which serve healthy food options.
We were excited to accept TSC’s invitation and try their delicious smoothies and tasty meals. Our experience was a great one and we are happy to share all the things we love about Tropical Smoothie Cafe!
Here are features we loved about Tropical Smoothie Cafe:
Friendly Service with a Smile
As soon as we approached the cash register to place our order, we were greeted with a smile by Courtney, the general manager. Since it was our first time at the smoothie cafe, Courtney helped us understand the different smoothie drinks. I have a big family (there’s 6 of us, not yet counting our new baby) and sometimes when we go to restaurants or stores, the cashiers or customer service representatives get a little antsy waiting for us to order. But not Courtney. He was very patient and helpful. Courtney displayed professionalism and warmth as he helped us place our orders.
All of the guests who visited Tropical Smoothie Cafe were treated with the same friendly service my family and I received. Visitors happily chatted with employees as they sat at the counter waiting for their order. When customer service is friendly and makes you feel welcome, it really makes your visit more comfortable and pleasant.
[bctt tweet=”Check out our review of the new Tropical Smoothie Cafe in Southfield!” username=”goodlifedetroit”]
Eat Better and Feel Better at Tropical Smoothie Cafe
What I love about Tropical Smoothie Cafe is the smoothies are not only tasty, but they are also healthy. The smoothies are made with real fruit such as bananas, mangoes, pineapples and strawberries. You can also add vegetables like kale and spinach to your drink. And if you really want a supercharged smoothie, you can request to add supplements such as whey protein, soy protein, vitamin B12, and multi-vitamins.
Other add-ins offered are almonds, ginger, ground flax seed, non-fat yogurt, peanut butter, and whole grain oats.
Knowing that I can buy a healthy food alternative at Tropical Smoothie Cafe helps me to stay on my healthy pregnancy diet!
Healthy Food Items Also Available at Tropical Smoothie Cafe
Tropical Smoothie Cafe also offers healthy food choices for their guests. Flatbreads, salads, sandwiches, and wraps are available and made to order at the cafe. All day breakfast such as the Southwest Omelet Wrap and Peanut Butter Banana Crunch toasted on flatbread is also available at the restaurant.
I was happy to learn the smoothie cafe serves healthy food because I prefer to eat at restaurants which offer healthier food options. Sometimes I need to grab something quick to eat when I am out and about running errands or attending events. Now that I am pregnant (make that very pregnant) I don’t like to go to fast-food restaurants for quick meals. Knowing that I can buy a healthy food alternative at Tropical Smoothie Cafe helps me to stay on my healthy pregnancy diet.
The Buffalo Chicken Wrap is Everything!
During our visit, I ordered the Buffalo Chicken Wrap (724 – 894 calories). I love spicy food, especially buffalo chicken and hot wings. The Buffalo Chicken Wrap was really delicious. It is made with grilled chicken, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, buffalo sauce, low-fat mozzarella cheese, and light ranch dressing in a flour tortilla.
The wrap was served warm, not too hot, and the buffalo sauce had just enough kick to it. Eating the Buffalo Chicken Wrap with my Island Green smoothie created a flavorful combination. The sweetness of the fruity smoothie blended well with the zesty spices of the Buffalo Chicken Wrap.
Final Thoughts: I think I found my new pregnancy food craving! Seriously, the very next day I went back to Tropical Smoothie Cafe and ordered the Buffalo Chicken Wrap for lunch. It’s THAT good!
Yummy Smoothies for the Kids
Tropical Smoothie Cafe offers 12-ounce smoothies for children under age 12 for only $2.99! You can’t beat that price. Lil’ Limeberry, Jetty Junior, Awesome Orange, and Chocolate Chimp are a few of the smoothie flavors offered for children. My two little ones, Zhen (4) and Zechariah (2), enjoyed a Strawberry Banana Smoothie.
Zhen said she loved the taste of the bananas and strawberries in her smoothie. She said she just wished her drink was purple because it’s her favorite color. “It’s pink and I wanted purple, but it’s really good,” Zhen said to me in her sweet, little voice. The things kids say! 🙂 And I should add after our visit to the smoothie cafe, Zhen has asked me every day since then if we can go get more smoothies!
[bctt tweet=”@TSmoothieCafe offers yummy smoothies for kids! #tropicalsmoothiecafe” username=”goodlifedetroit”]
Other Features We Love About Tropical Smoothie Cafe
- Beach-theme. The beach-themed decorations reminded me of a beach hut.
- Fresh smoothies. The smoothies are made fresh to order right in front of you.
- Calories featured on the menu. The calories for each smoothie and meal are displayed on the main menu board in the cafe and in the paper menu.
- Housemade side items. Tropical Smoothie Cafe makes their own housemade kale and apple slaw and fruit medley.
- Awesome combo options for less. If you want a combo meal, you can order a smoothie and a half with a half salad or sandwich for $7.99!
- Drive-thru service available. If you don’t want to go inside the store, you can place an order at the drive-thru.
- Texting feature. When you text “EVERGREEN” to 30364, you will receive the latest deals and discounts from Tropical Smoothie Cafe. This is perfect for if you want to see what the specials are before heading over to the cafe.
- Tropical Rewards App. Tropical Smoothie Cafe even offers an application for their customers (App Store and Google Play). You can order ahead and earn special rewards!
[bctt tweet=”New fav place to get smoothies: Tropical Smoothie Cafe! #smoothielover” username=”goodlifedetroit”]
I’ve teamed up with Tropical Smoothie Cafe to give one lucky winner a $25 gift card to Tropical Smoothie Cafe!
Here’s your chance to try the delicious (and healthy) smoothies at Tropical Smoothie Cafe. Or maybe you’re already a big fan of TSC and would love to snag a few smoothies. Enter Good Life Detroit’s giveaway to win a $25 gift card to Tropical Smoothie Cafe!
How to Enter the Giveaway:
- Visit Good Life Detroit’s Facebook or Instagram page and find the Tropical Smoothie giveaway announcement photograph.
- Instagram: like the post to be entered into the giveaway.
- Facebook: like the post and leave a comment to enter the giveaway.
- Tag a few of your friends on Facebook and Instagram in the comment section.
- Giveaway end date: Sunday, June 4, 2017
- Giveaway winner announcement date: Monday, June 5, 2017. The winner will be announced on Good Life Detroit’s Instagram and Facebook account.
Good Life Detroit’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/goodlifedetroit/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Good Life Detroit’s Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/goodlifedetroit/
- There is no purchase necessary to enter the giveaway.
- Giveaway entrants must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of the United States.
- Giveaway start date: Thursday, June 1, 2017
- Giveaway end date: Sunday, June 4, 2017
- Giveaway winner announcement date: Monday, June 5, 2017 on Good Life Detroit’s Instagram and Facebook accounts.
- Prize description: one $25 gift card to Tropical Smoothie Cafe.
- A winner will be chosen at random. The number of eligible entries received determine the odds of winning.
- If the giveaway is forfeited or unclaimed, the $25 gift card prize will be returned to Tropical Smoothie Cafe.
- Good Life Detroit has the right to obtain and publicize the winner’s name and likeness.
- This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, or promoted by Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
- Void where prohibited by law.
Special thanks to Tropical Smoothie Cafe for inviting Good Life Detroit to visit the new Southfield location located on Evergreen Road!
Visit the NEW Southfield Location!
Tropical Smoothie Cafe
26563 Evergreen Rd Ste A
Southfield, MI 48076
Phone: (248) 621 9100
Official Website: www.tropicalsmoothiecafe.com