So you have your DFCU Perks app and you’re enjoying all of the mobile app deals and special benefits, right? But did you know there’s another “perk” to your DFCU Perks membership?
When you sign up for the DFCU Perks checking account through DFCU Financial, you are eligible for the DFCUPerks app. Your membership will give you access to 400,000 deals nationwide and other special benefits, like cellphone protection and roadside assistance.
Your DFCU Perks app will also connect you to an online database where you can access even more deals. Some of the deals are also featured on the app and some deals are only offered exclusively online.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
When I sign into my DFCUPerks account online, I receive an alert of “Today’s Online Deal”. For instance, my daily online deal for Wednesday was 40% off retail items Jos. A. Bank.
Also featured on the main page of my DFCUPerks account is a search engine. I can enter my zip code to access deals in my local area or I can enter a zip code of a place I am traveling to for access to deals at that specific location.
I live in Sterling Heights, which is about 22 minutes outside of Detroit. Whenever I go to Detroit to an event or to visit a friend, I like to look up deals in the city.
A couple of weeks ago, the family and I went to Eastern Market and I was able to access a coupon for Germack– one of my favorite coffee shops in Detroit. (Try their Ice Lavender Latte. It’s the best!)
10 TIPS FOR ACCESSING DFCUPERKS ONLINE SHOPPING
1. Sign up for the email alerts. You can find out about the latest deals via email. You don’t receive an excessive amount of marketing emails, either, so no worries about feeling bombarded by email alerts.
2. Use the “Categories” tab at the top of the menu bar to find deals in specific categories such as hotels, car rentals, groceries, or retail.
3. Click the heart to save your favorite deals. When searching for deals online, click the heart to save a deal to your favorites list.
4. Use the “My Favorites” feature to access the deals you added to your favorites list. The list is great because it organizes your favorites into a “Local Deals” and “Online Favorites” group. This way you will know which deals are solely online.
5. Print out coupons from the comfort of your home just in case the deal is not featured on your mobile device.
6. Keep in mind some of the deals change periodically so check the coupon’s expiration date.
7. Use your DFCUPerks for when you travel. If you’re planning on traveling, use your DFCUPerks account to access travel deals on car rentals and lodging. Every little bit helps!
8. Click the “new” tab on your online account to check out which new deals are featured. You just might find a happy surprise. I discovered for June’s deals there is a coupon for the Michigan Science Center and the Detroit Historical Museum. This deal wasn’t featured last month so I was really excited about it!
9. Use the search drop-down menu. To really narrow your search, click the search drop-down menu. You can search deals by zip code, city, state, keyword, and merchants.
10. Refer one of your favorite merchants to the BaZing Savings Network. You can actually give a suggestion on a merchant you would love to see featured on the app. There is a form you fill out online and it’s super easy!
I love using my DFCUPerks to access deals on my mobile app and online! So far, I have used my DFCUPerks app to get deals at Germack, TGIFridays, JCPenney, Style Encore, and Sally’s Beauty Supply.
I even used my DFCUPerks app for roadside assistance when I accidentally locked my keys in my minivan at the grocery store! I didn’t have to pay for the service because the fee was under $80 (roadside assistance covers up to $80). It was a lifesaver for me!
There are so many wonderful reasons why you need to sign up for DFCU Financial’s DFCUPerks account. Let me know if you have any questions. I’m happy to help!
HOW TO GET THE DFCUPERKS BENEFITS
DFCU Financial launched two new checking accounts called DFCUPerks and DFUCPerks Plus. In order for you to have the DFCUPerks benefits, you will need to sign up for one of the DFUCPerks checking accounts.
It’s really easy to set up your checking account with DFCU. You can talk to a DFCU representative on the phone at 1-888-336-2700 or connect with DFCU in-person at your nearest branch.
DFCU members over the age of 18 can open a DFCUPerks or DFCUPerksPlus account. However, the Club, Conservator, Estate, Representative Payee, or Irrevocable Living Trust accounts are not eligible for DFCUPerks or DFCUSPerksPlus.
You can find out more about DFCUPerks and DFCUPerksPlus at www.dfcufinancial.com.
ALSO, CHECK OUT ON THE BLOG:
- 8 Tips to Teach Your Kids Financial Success
- Our Homeschool Field Trip to Watch ‘Formosa Roadside Wedding Banquet’ at the DIA
- Our Children Deserve Better
- The 3rd Annual Detroit Kite Festival is This Weekend!
- 10 Fun Mother’s Day Activity Ideas
All images are courtesy of Good Life Detroit. Feature image courtesy of Jason Walker Photography.