It’s that time of the year when we say goodbye to summer and start planning our Fall activities.
If you’re a big planner like I am, then you’re probably already getting your Fall schedule ready.
Yesterday Beacon Park announced its fall schedule of events and the events sound exciting! All of the events are FREE and parking is easy to find. We hang out at Beacon Park regularly and we always have a good time.
Here are a few Beacon Park Detroit events to add to your Fall planning list:
- Rocky Horror Picture Show Shadowcast/Movie Night (September 13 – 14) — Interactive experience of the cult classic film
- 5th Annual Parktoberfest (September 21 – 22) – German-style festival featuring food, entertainment, games and of course, beer.
- Cider in the City (Saturdays starting September 28th until October 26th) – Beacon Park is transformed into a cider mill with free horse-drawn carriage rides, cider, donuts and caramel apples from Blake’s Orchard & Cider Mill for purchase and plenty of fun for the family.
- College and Lions Football Watch Parties (October – November) – Cheer on the team with games on the big screen, food trucks, drinks and more.
- Halloween Family Fun Day (October 26) – Bring the kids in costume and enjoy trick-or-treating, contests, inflatables and face-painting.
I’ve already added Cider in the City and Halloween Family Fun Day to my calendar. I love cider and Michigan has some of the best cider mills! Michala is going to be excited for the Rocky Horror Picture Show Movie Night at Beacon Park.
Any events you see on the list that you’re looking forward to attending this Fall? Make sure to visit Beacon Park’s official website for the latest updates on activities and events!
ALSO, CHECK OUT ON THE BLOG:
- I Vote Because…
- A Magical Puppet Show Featuring Jeghetto’s Workshop
- Wintry Days at Eastern Market
- 54 Must-Read African American Books Recommended by The Wright
- An Artsy Valentine’s Day
All photographs are courtesy of Beacon Park Detroit.