Here’s a fun virtual fitness challenge you may love that gives back to the community. The GIVE Club (Getting Involved in Volunteer Efforts) is hosting a 10-mile fitness challenge this spring.
The GIVE CYCLE 10 Mile Virtual Challenge registration is now open to Detroiters and beyond. Whether you live in Detroit, the metro area, or even another state, everyone can join this family fitness challenge to help support Detroit high school students and neighbors in need!
All you have to do is submit your registration by May 15th. Begin the 10-mile virtual fitness challenge during the week of May 23 to May 29th. You can cycle, jog, run, or walk or do all four if you like! 😉 Keeping your comfort level in mind, you can choose however you would like to complete the challenge.
Once you complete the challenge, snap a photo of yourself or your family together, and email the photo to email@example.com! The GIVE Club will send you a medal by mail for your great accomplishment!
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE GIVE CYCLE 10-MILE VIRTUAL FITNESS CHALLENGE
- Register online (www.thegiveclub.org) for the GIVE CYCLE 10 Mile Virtual Challenge
- Cycle, walk, jog, or run a total of 10 miles the week of 5/23-5/29/21
- Upon completion, email a photo of your accomplishment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Receive a finishers’ medal by mail & show off to your friends
Can’t participate in the virtual fitness challenge? Consider sponsoring a family member, friend, coworker, or maybe even your neighbor who you think would love to do the GIVE CYCLE! You can also make a monetary donation to the GIVE Club. Click here to donate now.
Your support will help the DREAM (Dorm Room Essentials and Misc) Scholarship and neighbors experiencing homelessness in the metro Detroit community.
The GIVE Club has devoted its energy to passionately advocate for our most marginalized community during challenging times. In the past several years, in addition to filling voids wherever we can, GIVE Club has provided resources to college-bound high school students through the DREAM (Dorm Room Essentials and Misc) Scholarship and have created care packages of food, socks, and hygienic essentials to those experiencing homelessness in the metro Detroit community.
COVID-19 has changed the world and how we all can gather, but it has not changed the fact that our communities still need help in times like these. In fact, now more than ever.THE GIVE CLUB
ALSO, CHECK OUT ON THE BLOG:
- FAMILY EVENT: 8th Annual Sidewalk Festival Hosted by Sidewalk Detroit
- Brighten Up Your Summer with These Four Bold Summer Makeup Looks
- Looking Back: A March Visit to Current Art Studio
- Leaving a Legacy in 48214
- Enjoy a Sunday Night In with The Detroit Sound Virtual Concert