Try these easy DIY Fourth of July wreaths to add to your patriotic home decor. And the best part… I bought all of the art supplies from Dollar Tree!
In honor of Memorial Day, I made two patriotic wreaths to hang in our home. Both wreaths are also good to be used for Fourth of July wreaths!
Every Memorial Day and Fourth of July holiday I like to decorate our home and garden with a patriotic theme. This year, I thought I’d try making patriotic home decor myself.
Both of the wreaths are easy to make and won’t cost you a lot of money for the supplies. With the exception of the glue gun, I bought all of my supplies from Dollar Tree.
P.S.– One of the Fourth of July wreaths I made using a pool noodle!
The process to make both of the wreaths is very similar to my DIY Fruity Summer Wreaths. I bought Fourth of July-themed crafts from the Dollar Tree and used my glue gun to attach them to each wreath.
FOURTH OF JULY WREATHS: USA & AMERICAN FLAG DESIGN
Here are the supplies you will need for the USA and American flag wreath design:
- USA Hanging Wall Decor Sign
- American Flag Scarf (2)
- Patriotic Foam Glitter Stars (20 come in a pack)
- Red Pool Noodle
- Duct Tape or Packaging Tape
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
USA FOURTH OF JULY WREATH DIRECTIONS:
1. Put the pool noodle ends together to form a circular shape and secure it with duct tape or packaging tape.
2. Tightly wrap the first American flag scarf around the pool noodle. Make sure you spread the fabric while you are wrapping it so the design of the scarf shows.
3. Secure both ends of the scarf with your hot glue gun. Remember, the glue gun is very hot so be careful when touching the scarf and using the glue.
4. Repeat step 3 for the second American flag scarf.
5. After you securely wrap and seal both scarves around the pool noodle, it’s time to place the USA hanging wall sign pieces and foam glitter stars on your wreath.
Cut the letter boards off of the ribbon of the hanging wall sign. Before gluing the letters onto your Fourth of July wreath, place the letters on the wreath to get a good idea of how you would like it to look. You can also do the same for the glitter stars.
6. Once you know where you would like the USA letter boards and foam glitter stars to go, use your hot glue gun to attach each piece to the wreath.
FOURTH OF JULY WREATH WITH GLITTER STARS AND PATRIOTIC BOW
Here are the supplies you will need for this DIY wreath idea. I also purchased the craft supplies from Dollar Tree.
- Floral Garden Natural Willow Wreath
- Patriotic Bow
- Foam Glitter Stars
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
HOW TO MAKE IT:
Okay, this Fourth of July wreath is VERY easy to make!
1. Turn on your glue gun and once it’s ready, attach the bow to the center of the wreath.
2. Using the glue gun, attach the glitter stars to your wreath.
3. Unless you have a big wreath hanger, I recommend adding a ribbon to the wreath so you can hang it properly.
Hope you enjoy making these DIY Patriotic and Fourth of July Wreaths! xoxo
PHOTO CREDIT NOTE: All photographs are courtesy of Jennifer Hamra for Good Life Detroit.
You may use my craft idea to share on your site, but you must provide the following credit: Good Life Detroit and a link back to this post.
Please only reshare photos of the craft and not my children. Thank you! 🙂
ALSO, CHECK OUT ON THE BLOG:
- Yola Talks Standing for Herself, Being Musically Genre-Fluid, and Playing the Legendary Sister Rosetta Tharpe in New Elvis Film
- Explore Over 120 Replicas of King Tut’s Personal and Sacred Treasures at The Wright’s Newest Exhibition
- Skip Marley and the New Conscious Reggae Renaissance
- MLK Day Craft: Create an “I Have a Dream” Window Display
- Make an MLK Day Door Decoration in Celebration of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day