In honor of Memorial Day, I made two patriotic wreaths to hang in our home. Both wreaths are also good to be used for Fourth of July wreaths! Every Memorial Day and Fourth of July holiday I like to decorate our home and garden with a patriotic theme. This year, I thought I’d try making patriotic home decor myself.
Both of the wreaths are easy to make and won’t cost you a lot of money for the supplies. With the exception of the glue gun, I bought all of my supplies from the Dollar Tree.
P.S.– One of the fourth of July wreaths I made using a pool noodle!
The process to make both of the wreaths is very similar to my DIY Fruity Summer Wreaths. I bought Fourth of July-themed crafts from the Dollar Tree and used my glue gun to attach them to each wreath.
FOURTH OF JULY WREATHS: USA & AMERICAN FLAG DESIGN
Here are the supplies you will need for the USA and American flag wreath design:
USA Hanging Wall Decor Sign
American Flag Scarf (2)
Patriotic Foam Glitter Stars (20 come in a pack)
Red Pool Noodle
Duct Tape or Packaging Tape
Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
USA FOURTH OF JULY WREATH DIRECTIONS:
1. Put the pool noodle ends together to form a circular shape and secure it with duct tape or packaging tape.
2. Tightly wrap the first American flag scarf around the pool noodle. Make sure you spread the fabric while you are wrapping it so the design of scarf shows.
3. Secure both ends of the scarf with your hot glue gun. Remember, the glue gun is very hot so be careful when touching the scarf and using the glue.
4. Repeat step 3 for the second American flag scarf.
5. After you securely wrap and seal both scarves around the pool noodle, it’s time to place the USA hanging wall sign pieces and foam glitter stars on your wreath.
Cut the letter boards off of the ribbon of the hanging wall sign. Before gluing the letters onto your Fourth of July wreath, place the letters on the wreath to get a good idea of how you would like it to look. You can also do the same for the glitter stars.
6. Once you know where you would like the USA letter boards and foam glitter stars to go, use your hot glue gun to attach each piece to the wreath.
FOURTH OF JULY WREATH WITH GLITTER STARS AND PATRIOTIC BOW
Here are the supplies you will need for this DIY wreath idea. I also purchased the craft supplies from the Dollar Tree.
Floral Garden Natural Willow Wreath
Foam Glitter Stars
Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
HOW TO MAKE IT:
Okay, this Fourth of July wreath is VERY easy to make!
1. Turn on your glue gun and once it’s ready, attach the bow to the center of the wreath.
2. Using the glue gun, attach the glitter stars to your wreath.
3. Unless you have a big wreath hanger, I recommend adding a ribbon to the wreath so you can hang it properly.
Hope you enjoy making these DIY Patriotic and Fourth of July Wreaths!
SUBSCRIBE TO GOOD LIFE DETROIT!
ALSO, CHECK OUT ON THE BLOG:
- Better Made Snack Foods is Hosting a Mother’s Day Contest
- Detroit Black Restaurant Week Starts Tomorrow!
- Centering Mental Wellness and Healing for Black Women: Q&A with Rowana Abbensetts, Founder of Spoken Black Girl
- Vice President Kamala Harris’s Leadership Will Help ‘Build a World That Works for Women’
- The Tuskegee Airmen National Museum Moves to the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History
All photographs are courtesy of Jennifer Hamra for Good Life Detroit.