- This event has passed.
8 Reasons Why You Should Attend Eastern Market After Dark 2019
September 19 @ 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm EDTFree
LOOKING FOR INFO ON EASTERN MARKET AFTER DARK 2019?
You’re in the right place! Read on to get a brief summary of what to expect at this year’s celebration.
Eastern Market After Dark is one of my favorite September events in Detroit because there are SO MANY AMAZING THINGS GOING ON AT ONCE!!! OMG!
My first Eastern Market After Dark event was last year (2018) and I was just AMAZED! Now maybe that’s my newbie reaction because I’m still discovering Detroit’s culture, but I seriously LOVED my experience last year at Eastern Market After Dark.
I DON’T HAVE TIME TO READ. JUST TELL ME THE QUICK FACTS.
No, problem! I got you.
DATE: Thursday, September 19
TIME: 7 P.M. to 11 PM.
WHERE: Eastern Market, Detroit
FOOD: Food trucks will be available.
PARKING: FREE! Eastern Market has plenty of parking spaces available, but be warned, the event may get super busy. You may have to park a little far.
PUBLIC BATHROOMS: Yes.
STROLLER-FRIENDLY: Yes. (Wagon-friendly, too!)
TRANSPORTATION: See SMART schedule for bus routes and times. MOGO bike station available. Lyft, Uber, Taxi services also available. The Q-LINE and People Mover do not reach the Eastern Market District.
ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW: If you bring the kids, bring a blanket to keep them warm in case it gets chilly at night. Also, consider dressing them in light warm clothes with a jacket or keep a change of warm clothes in your vehicle.
Try to plan your arrival time between 7 to 8 P.M. so you can get the FULL Eastern Market After Dark experience!
HERE ARE 8 REASONS YOU WILL LOVE EASTERN MARKET AFTER DARK:
1. ART! Art! Art! There will be MANY art exhibits/installations at the event. You may even spot a few artists doing live paintings.
2. YOU CAN BRING THE KIDS! You SHOULD bring the kids! You BETTER bring the kids! This is an experience for the ENTIRE family to enjoy!
3. FOOD! Oh yes, there will be food trucks at the event. Delicious food, too! And dessert! Yummy DETROIT MADE dessert!
4. SHOPPING. There will be vendors also available selling local goods.
5. MUSIC. There will be live music and a DJ playing music throughout the sheds and Eastern Market area.
6. ALLEY PARTY? Question mark on that one. You might spot a dance party in the alleys of the Eastern Market District. I’m not a 100% sure.
Since last year was my first Eastern Market After Dark experience, I can’t say for certain if an alley party is an annual After Dark event. I just know last year we discovered an alley party and it was pretty cool!
Eastern Market After Dark 20019 occurs during the week of Murals in the Market, there might be an event or party happening down the street. We found one last year so it’s worth looking into when you go to the event!
7. FASHION. I love fashion and many fashionistas dress to impress at Eastern Market After Dark. Some also wear interesting attire.
8. SUMMER SEND OFF. Okay, this is the final city summer celebration that says “So long, Summer!” Right? I’m seriously asking because Detroit has SO MANY FUN CELEBRATIONS! Lol!
BONUS: EASTERN MARKET AFTER DARK IS FREE!
I like to consider Eastern Market After Dark a final summer party. The sun starts to set a little earlier in the day. The temps are cooler in the evening. And the final Tuesday and Sunday Markets are about a week away.
Sounds like an “Adios, Summer” celebration to me!
Hope to see you at Eastern Market After Dark 2019! If you see me, then come say hi! xoxo
Photography courtesy of Jennifer Hamra for Good Life Detroit