- This event has passed.
North Cass Neighborhood Summer Sidewalk Sale 2019
August 24 @ 11:00 am - 7:00 pm EDT
More than 30 Detroit businesses and restaurants will participate in the North Cass Neighborhood Summer Sidewalk Sale. The event will be held on Saturday, August 24th from 11 A.M. to 7 P.M.
There will be special promotions, deep discounts, sidewalk sales, live music, music DJs, kid-friendly activities, and more!
Live Music Locations:
• City Bird: Live music from Detroit Band Lac La Belle from 1pm-4pm.
• La Feria: DJ Bernan Bush on the patio from 1pm-5pm.
• Monger’s Provisions, and the Auburn: Live Music TBA.
• Pure Detroit: Live music from Good Music Gentlemen
• Sfumato & Detroit Clothing Circle: DJ Dave Lawson spinning throwback soul and funk.
• The Whitney: Songwriter Brunch from noon-to-4pm, featuring Kate Hinote, Ryan Dillaha, Matt Dmits, Emilie Rivard, and Billy Brandt.
• Third Wave Music: Live music from Shelley Salant (solo improvised guitar) and Zac Bru (modular experimental and techno).
• West Willis Village (Flo, Tulani Rose, Alley Taco, and Avalon Bakery): Live DJing from Sound Circle DJs, and live jazz throughout the day.
• Willis Showbar & Blossoms Midtown: A live DJ performance all day.
Here is a more detailed list of the participating businesses and references. Note, the source of this list is from the event’s website page. Any questions you may have, please contact one of the participating businesses.
• Artloft: Music, complimentary refreshments, a huge outdoor sale with housewares, jewelry, shoes, bags, and assorted gifts at 50% off. Free balloons for kidos and kids at heart.
• Avalon Bakery
• Bleu Bowtique
• Blick Art Materials: Check out some amazing works by local artists, and see a special live painting demonstration in front of the store from 1-3pm. In addition to some great deals, you can enter to win a huge gift bag full of art supplies.
• Blossoms: Deep discounts on giftware, former wedding and event props, and fragrances! A live DJ, all day!
• Cass Cafe
• Cass Corridog: Special sales and discounts all day.
• City Bird: Huge Sidewalk Sale and markdowns on hundreds of items throughout the store, with discounts ranging from 25-75% off, including 25% off all City Bird brand goods. A lemonade stand pop-up from Bea’s Squeeze, and live music from Lac La Belle from 1pm-4pm.
• Detroit Clothing Circle
• Detroit Surf Co.: Sale tent with specials and deals!
• Filson: Free giveaways of posters, keychains, drink cozies, and bandanas, while supplies last!
• Flo Boutique
• Hugh: Table of special deals and steals.
• Jolly Pumpkin: Debut of special non-Sour IPA “All The Trees” on draft and in cans. Food specials all day!
• La Feria and Cato Vino Wine Bar: A Live DJ set from DJ Bernan Bush, enjoy on-site any of the more than 70 different wines from Cata Vino wine shop and bar, with the $8 corkage fee waived just for this great day!
• Little High Flyers: Store-wide sale with discounts on select items up to 50% off!
• Mongers’ Provisions: 15% off select wines and cheeses.
• Motor City Brewing Works
• Nest: Sidewalk Sale and markdowns on hundreds of items throughout the shop, with discounts ranging from 25-75% off, including 25% off all air plants and airairiums. In conjunction with City Bird, a lemonade stand pop-up from Bea’s Squeeze, and live music from Lac La Belle from 1pm-4pm.
• Nora: Select textiles, dishware, stationary, and accessories marked down 20-75%!
• Pure Detroit: Specials all day, and live music from Good Music Gentlemen.
• Sfumato Fragrances: New Product Launch Party: Incense! We’ll have smoking and flaming drinks to pair with the incense. Flight of fragrance with the purchase of two incense sets and 20% off select books. A pop-up from Nu Deli food truck starting at 4 pm, and a live DJ set by Dave Lawson all afternoon!
• Source Booksellers
• Third Man Records
• Third Wave Music
• Traffic Jam & Snug
• Tulani Rose
• The Whitney: From noon-to-4pm, relax and refresh at the Songwriter Sidewalk Brunch. Featured artists will include Kate Hinote (host), Ryan Dillaha, Matt Dmits, Emilie Rivard, and Billy Brandt.
• Union Street: Happy Hour features from noon to 7 throughout the day.
• Willis Show Bar
Made possible with support from Midtown Detroit, Inc. Art by Melissa Dettloff/Hooray Forever