Father’s Day is right around the corner and that means it’s time to put your thinking cap on and find the perfect gift for your loved one. Shopping for men can be challenging sometimes, especially when it comes to gift shopping.
My dad, for instance, has a lot of cool gadgets and is very fashionable. I often struggle with what to get him because I’m not sure if he already has the item or what type of clothing he’d like.
Travis, on the other hand, is pretty laid back. Yet, I still have a hard time finding the right gift for him because I want to make sure the gift is something he would enjoy.
To avoid this dilemma, I decided to start my Father’s Day gift shopping a little early this year. I created a list of fun gift ideas to help you out, too!
FINDING GREAT DEALS USING YOUR DFCUPERKS APP
What makes my Father’s Day gift list so special is each gift idea features a great deal for you! By using my DFCUPerks app, I researched where to find the best Father’s Day gift ideas in Detroit and the metro area!
You may remember my previous article introducing DFCU Financial’s DFCUPerks account. When I signed up for the DFCUPerks account, it gave me access to exclusive benefits such as cellphone protection, roadside assistance, and special discounts at local retailers. You can read more about the DFCUPerks checking account here if you like.
15 FATHER’S DAY GIFT IDEAS
1. Gift Dad with Family Portraits at JCPenney Portraits. When you use your DFCUPerks app, you can get $10 Off your purchase of $25 or more, plus $3.99 photo sheets, $99 full digital album, and 40% off additional purchases.
2. Treat Dad to sushi for lunch at Tokyo Sushi. Three locations are available for this great deal. Use your DFCUPerks app to get $5 off your purchase of $25 or more.
3. Make it a fun science adventure at the Michigan Science Center. With your DFCUPerks app, you can get $3 off general admission or $10 off any new membership.
4. Find Dad office supplies or a new electronic device at Office Max. You can save up to 50% when you use your DFCUPerks app at Office Max! This coupon is good for every visit when you shop online or in-store on specific items.
5. Get Dad a new pair of kicks at Mr. Alan’s Shoes & Sportswear. There are several locations in Metro Detroit that honor this DFCUPerks coupon for 15% off all regular priced merchandise.
6. Find Dad a trendy outfit from Express. You can get 15% off your entire purchase at Express when you use your DFCUPerks app!
7. Discover Detroit’s history at the Detroit Historical Museum. This sweet deal gives you free admission for an adult with the purchase of one general admission entry.
8. Make Dad look dapper with a suit from Men’s Warehouse. When you present your DFCUPerks app coupon at the register, you can get 40% off the regular price of a retail item.
9. Show Dad around the city of Detroit with a tour from Backseat Detroit. You can get 10% off your tour when you use your DFCUPerks app.
10. Take Dad to visit the Ypsilanti’s Auto Heritage Museum. This deal can be accessed online-only with your DFCUPerks membership. You can get $1 off the regular admission price.
11. Find Dad the latest styles at Tommy Hilfiger. With your DFCUPerks app coupon, you can get 15% off your purchase of $150 or more!
12. Buy Dad his favorite CD, DVD, or Video Game at FYE. This FYE deal is also available online with your DFCUPerks membership. You can get $3 off any CD, DVD, or Video Game that is regularly priced at $12.99 or higher.
13. Have a day of laughs with Dad at the Ann Arbor Comedy Showcase. Another great deal that you can access online only with your DFCUPerks membership. On this deal, you can get a free general admission ticket with the purchase of one general admission ticket of equal or greater value.
14. Make it a fun family day at Willow Creek Golf & Sports Center. Your DFCUPerks app offers three great deals for Willow Creek Golf & Sports Center. Get $1 off a large bucket of golf balls, get a free batting cage token with the purchase of 5 tokens, and get a free round of mini golf with the purchase of 3 games!
15. Gift Dad with a monthly membership to CrossFit HCS. You can get 10% off monthly unlimited membership (for a single or 2-adult in the same household) when you use your DFCUPerks app.
Keep in mind, some of these deals are good for a limited time only! For the online-only deals, you can print off the coupons from your computer. Visit DFCU Financial’s website for more details.
HOW TO GET THE DFCUPERKS BENEFITS
DFCU Financial launched two new checking accounts called DFCUPerks and DFUCPerks Plus. In order for you to have the DFCUPerks benefits, you will need to sign up for one of the DFUCPerks checking accounts.
It’s really easy to set up your checking account with DFCU. You can talk to a DFCU representative on the phone at 1-888-336-2700 or connect with DFCU in-person at your nearest branch.
DFCU members over the age of 18 can open a DFCUPerks or DFCUPerksPlus account. However, the Club, Conservator, Estate, Representative Payee, or Irrevocable Living Trust accounts are not eligible for DFCUPerks or DFCUSPerksPlus.
You can find out more about DFCUPerks and DFCUPerksPlus at www.dfcufinancial.com.
Do you see any fun gift ideas on my Father’s Day gift list? Which one is your favorite?
ALSO, CHECK OUT ON THE BLOG:
- Sesame Street’s Elmo Visited Detroit Yesterday, Proclaimed June 20th as “Sesame Street Day”
- 10 Tips for Using Your DFCUPerks for Online Shopping
- Michigan Science Center Hires Christian Greer as President, CEO
- 15 Father’s Day Gift Ideas Using Your DFCUPerks App
- Introducing DFCUPerks at DFCU Financial
All images are courtesy of Good Life Detroit.