Happy Friday! Check out my Friday picks for Sept. 24th: Beyonce and Solange’s new Instagram photos; Dlectricity is this weekend; two new fitness events and art shows; and two books to add to your reading list.
A FEW THINGS I’M LOVIN’
I’m lovin’ the new Adidas Triple Platform Hi Shoes (OMG!) and the OZWEEGO Shoes (the leopard print and bold colors tho!). Pancakes for dinner. Beyoncé and Solange’s new IG posts. And binge-watching Orange Is the New Black (because I never finished it).
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, QUEEN BEY!
Happy 40th birthday to Beyoncé! The actress/singer shared beautiful photos of her wearing a sequined green Dolce & Gabbana dress. On her website, she shared:
“Whoever tried to condition women to feel that we are supposed to feel old or unhappy when we turn 40 got it ALL THE WAY F’d UP. This has absolutely been the best I’ve felt in my life. I’m so grateful to be GROWN, GROWN!”Beyoncé, https://www.beyonce.com/
I couldn’t agree more! Happy birthday, Queen!
Photo credits: Beyonce’s and Solange’s official Instagram.
THIS WEEKEND: DLECTRICITY AT THE WRIGHT
DLECTRICITY starts tonight and there will be three installations featured at the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History (The Wright).
The exhibits are called: Facing Change: Documenting America’s In Our Image, New D Media’s Bird of Paradise, and Logan Dandridge’s Men Who Devour Themselves in Mirrors. Click here for more details.
ADD THESE THREE BOOKS TO YOUR FALL READING LIST
- Please Don’t Sit on My Bed in Your Outside Clothes by Phoebe Robinson (September 28th)
- The Storyteller: Tales of Life and Music by Dave Grohl (October 5th)
- Music Is History by Questlove (October 12th)
Photo credits: Penguin Random House and Barnes and Noble.
TWO UPCOMING DETROIT FITNESS EVENTS
The Detroit LUNG FORCE Walk — October 3rd at 7:30 a.m. at the Detroit Zoo
Run the D with DPD and DMC 5K Race — October 9th at 9:00 a.m. at the DMC’s Brush Mall
NEW ART EXHIBITIONS IN DETROIT
Life Is But A Dream group exhibition at Galerie Camille (Oct. 1 – 30)
Spaces in Between at Irwin House Gallery (Sept. 18 – Oct. 30)
HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND! xoxo
ALSO, ON THE BLOG:
- Yola Talks Standing for Herself, Being Musically Genre-Fluid, and Playing the Legendary Sister Rosetta Tharpe in New Elvis Film
- Explore Over 120 Replicas of King Tut’s Personal and Sacred Treasures at The Wright’s Newest Exhibition
- Skip Marley and the New Conscious Reggae Renaissance
- MLK Day Craft: Create an “I Have a Dream” Window Display
- Make an MLK Day Door Decoration in Celebration of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day