Looking for fun Mother’s Day activities to do at home? Today, I’m sharing 20 Mother’s Day ideas to help you celebrate Mom, Grandma, or that special woman in your life!
Many of us will be celebrating Mother’s Day at home this year. Do you know how you plan to celebrate the occasion?
I would love brunch with my favorite lavender coffee, flowers and seeds to plant in my garden, and a nice homemade dinner with soothing jazz music playing in the background. (I hope Travis is taking notes! Ha!)
There are many creative ways you can celebrate Mother’s Day at home. Not sure how? I got you! I created 20 Mother’s Day activities to help you plan the special day.
RELATED: MY MOTHER’S BEST ADIVCE
20 FUN MOTHER’S DAY ACTIVITIES (IF YOU’RE CELEBRATING AT HOME)
1 Create a brunch buffet bar for Mom! (And don’t forget the Mimosas!)
2. Take Mom out for a bike ride if the weather is nice.
3. Make Mom breakfast in bed.
4. Pamper Mom with an at-home Spa Day.
5. Cook a special homemade dinner for Mother’s Day.
6. Have a cookout in the backyard
7. Recreate a “Paint & Sip” evening at home.
8. Plan a karaoke night at home by using a karaoke machine or YouTube videos.
9. Buy flowers, plants, and seeds to help her with planting a garden. (This one is my favorite because I love gardening!)
10. Let Mom have some time to herself.
11. If the weather is nice, then have a picnic in the backyard.
12. Help Mom out by working on some of her house projects. (Psst! Don’t just make it a one-day thing, either. Plan to work on the projects for a week or two so you can finish it for her.)
13. Take Mom to a local park for a hike.
14. Watch her favorite movie with her.
15. Get dressed up and throw a tea party at home.
16. Play board games or card games together.
17. Workout together.
18. Treat Mom to her favorite restaurant meal by buying it for delivery or curbside pickup.
19. Make DIY home decor crafts together.
20. Give Mom a manicure and/or pedicure.
Which Mother’s Day activity idea is your favorite?
SUBSCRIBE TO GOOD LIFE DETROIT
ALSO, CHECK OUT ON THE BLOG:
- Better Made Snack Foods is Hosting a Mother’s Day Contest
- Detroit Black Restaurant Week Starts Tomorrow!
- Centering Mental Wellness and Healing for Black Women: Q&A with Rowana Abbensetts, Founder of Spoken Black Girl
- Vice President Kamala Harris’s Leadership Will Help ‘Build a World That Works for Women’
- The Tuskegee Airmen National Museum Moves to the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History
Feature image by Jason Walker Photography for Good Life Detroit.