Happy November! It’s the month of thankfulness, family feasts, festive celebrations, and my birthday month. 😉 I’m here for it! How about you? I’m sure you’ve heard of a November Thankful Challenge. Usually, family and friends will post on their social media a daily thankfulness post leading up to Thanksgiving Day. Do you like thankfulness challenges?
NOVEMBER THANKFULNESS CHALLENGE ENCOURAGES US TO PRACTICE SPECIFIC GRATITUDE
What I love about a November Thankfulness Challenge is it encourages us to really focus on what we are grateful for in our lives. Getting specific with our blessings is key. A November Thankfulness Challenge can open our eyes to see all of the good that God is doing in our lives.
Life gets busy and hectic. Other great stressors weigh on our shoulders. All of this can become overwhelming, and unfortunately, we may lose sight of the blessings WE DO HAVE in our lives.
CAN YOU NAME 4 SPECIFIC BLESSINGS YOU ARE THANKFUL FOR RIGHT NOW?
Off the top of your head, can you list four things you are thankful for right now? The first four things that come to mind for me are my husband, our five children, great friends, and my health.
But those are givens, right?
Of course, we are thankful for a loving family, wonderful friends, and good health. But what if we really dig deep and think about how God has truly blessed us the past month or this past year?
I mean, get really specific. What specific blessing can you think of that has happened for you?
Maybe you received an answer to something you were fervently praying for, such as…
- …a pay raise that will enable you to start saving up for a new home;
- …receiving money to take care of a bill that you weren’t able to afford;
- …a sick parent whose health is now improving;
- …healing for chronic pain.
As we head into November, I’m setting a personal goal for myself to dig deep and get specific with my gratitude. I am focusing on acknowledging what it is exactly I am thankful for and then I’m praising God for it!
Personally, I have experienced some hardships, i.e. vehicle problems and my husband’s job loss. This challenging time has really opened my eyes to the meaning of humility and thankfulness. I have been praying for guidance to literally count my blessings, speak them out loud, and THANK God for everything.
So don’t be afraid to share your daily gratitude with family and friends, whether it be in person or via social media. A November Thankfulness Challenge is a great way to give God praise and encourage others to count their blessings, too. I hope you’ll join me on this journey of practicing specific gratitude! — Jennifer xoxo
NOVEMBER BLOG HIGHLIGHTS:
Here are a few upcoming blog posts I’ll be sharing this month:
- Forbes Under 30 Summit Recap: Forbes Under 30 Summit is going to be here in Detroit for 2 more years, and we attended the first summit a few days ago! It was an exciting time and we gained such enriching insight into entrepreneurship and leadership. Stay tuned for a recap post of the Forbes Under 30 Summit!
- A Michigan-Made Holiday Gift List: From Michigan With Love created a sweet holiday gift round-up of Michigan-made products and they were kind enough to share the gift list with us!
- Holiday Crafts & Recipes: ‘Tis the season for all things festive! If you know me, then you know how much I love the holidays and finding ways to celebrate with my family and friends. I’ll be sharing a few fun craft ideas and delicious recipes for you and the fam!
UPCOMING NOVEMBER EVENTS IN DETROIT:
- Coats for Kids, Nov. 2
- All Things Detroit, Nov. 3rd
- TEDxDETROIT, Nov. 6th
- Ofrendas: Celebrating Dia de Los Muertos, ends on Nov. 10
- Detroit Independent Freedom School: Fall Semester, Saturdays only from Nov. 2 to Dec. 14
- Gigs for Digs, Nov. 15
- Detroit Tree Lighting, Nov. 22
- Eastern Market Holiday Market, Nov. 26 and Dec. 1, 8, 15, 19, and 22 (December 19 is a night market event!)