We tried Aldi’s Pumpkin Pie Milkshake and it’s SO GOOD! This fall dessert idea is perfect for Thanksgiving or a fall celebration you’re planning. Get the recipe details below!
Over the weekend, Travis was reading the latest Aldi sales ad when he came across the store’s Pumpkin Pie Milkshake recipe.
“Yo! This looks good!” he exclaimed. “I think we should make this.”
He handed the ad to me and when I took a look at the ingredients list, I said, “Wow, it looks pretty easy to make, too.”
Since I was planning on doing our weekly grocery shopping at Aldi anyway, it was no problem to add the ingredients to my shopping list.
WHAT DOES A PUMPKIN PIE MILKSHAKE TASTE LIKE?
Okay, I’ll be honest– I was a little nervous to try this recipe because I didn’t think it would be good. Lol!
But to my surprise, it was really good! This pumpkin pie milkshake really does taste just like pumpkin pie. In fact, it tastes like pumpkin pie a la mode. YUMMY!
The milkshake has the perfect creaminess where it’s not too thick and not too thin. Travis said, “I knew it was going to be good but not that good!” So that means he loved it. 😉
The kids loved it, too. Since Zephaniah can’t have dairy, we made a separate milkshake mix with almond milk and dairy-free ice cream.
I tried it with the dairy-free ice cream, too, and it’s just as delicious as the shake with dairy ice cream. I didn’t even notice the difference.
HERE’S HOW TO MAKE A PUMPKIN PIE MILKSHAKE
For our pumpkin pie milkshakes, we pretty much used all Aldi products. You can use any brand of your choice and mix it how you like.
- 7 sheets of Benton’s Graham Crackers (crushed into small pieces)
- 15 oz. Baker’s Corner 100% Pure Canned Pumpkin
- 1 tsp. Stonemill Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup Belmont French vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup Friendly Farms vanilla almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 10 ice cubes
- Friendly Farms whipped topping
- Using a small sandwich bag, crush six sheets of graham crackers into small pieces. (The sandwich bag will make it less messy when you crush the graham crackers.)
- Mix together in the blender the crushed graham crackers, canned pumpkin, pumpkin spice, brown sugar, vanilla ice cream, milk, and ice cubes until the mixtrue is smooth.
- Pour the milkshake into your cup of choice.
- Crush the last sheet of graham crackers.
- Top your milkshake with the whipped topping and crushed graham crackers (or any topping of your choice).
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
SERVING: serves 4 to 6
We’re definitely making pumpkin pie milkshakes again for Thanksgiving!
Hope you enjoy this delicious fall dessert idea. And thanks for the inspiration, Aldi! xoxo
All photographs are courtesy of Jennifer Hamra for Good Life Detroit. This is not a sponsored post.
ALSO, CHECK OUT ON THE BLOG:
- MLK Day Craft: Create an “I Have a Dream” Window Display
- Make an MLK Day Door Decoration in Celebration of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- How to Create a Valentine’s Day Photoshoot for Baby Using Your Cellphone Camera
- Here’s How to Make Your Own Ugly Christmas Sweater (It’s Surprisingly Very Easy!)
- Dame Dash Shares His Thoughts on the Astroworld Tragedy, Sean Diddy Combs, PTSD, & Health