Today’s post is sponsored by Great Lakes Brewing Co. (GLBC) I have partnered with GLBC to introduce you to their new Great Lakes IPA beer. All opinions shared in this post are mine.
Being busy parents of five kiddos, it can be a little challenging sometimes for Travis and me to get out and enjoy Happy Hour for a few hours. That’s when we get a little creative and find ways to have downtime at home.
As a work at home mom, my days are spent balancing homeschool and work life. Meanwhile, Travis attends college full-time Monday through Thursday. His school schedule mirrors a traditional work day with him out of the house by 7:30 a.m. and home by 4 p.m.
GIVEAWAY ALERT! Scroll below to learn more about the Great Lakes Brewing Co. Giveaway!
Needless to say, by the time Travis gets home, we are both ready for a break!
What about you? Does the busyness of parenting and working sometimes make it tough to have some time to yourself or with friends?
Never fear! Travis and I have created a fun tutorial on how you can recreate Happy Hour right at home.
All it takes is your favorite drink (like the new Great Lakes IPA), a backyard lounge set, good music, and a few of your favorite snacks.
Here’s how we recreated Happy Hour from the comfort of our patio:
1. Lounge in your backyard or on your apartment patio. We love sitting outside on a nice, sunny day. After caring for the kids and working on projects, getting outside for fresh air is a great way to wind down.
You can recreate Happy Hour in your backyard by sipping on your favorite drink and lounging on your favorite patio chair.
2. Don’t forget the snacks! A Happy Hour wouldn’t be complete without tasty snacks. You can make it simple by getting snacks like chips and salsa or go all out and make yummy homemade appetizers like chicken tenders or egg rolls.
For our Happy Hour treats, Travis and I made Smoked Salmon, Avocado Bites. The salmon and avocado pair well with Great Lakes IPA. We love the citrusy flavor of the beer combined with the avocado and salmon.
3. You must have drinks, of course! For our homemade Happy Hour, Travis and I enjoyed sipping Great Lakes IPA from Great Lakes Brewing Co. This lightly filtered, citrus-forward IPA is a terrific beer you can enjoy year-round.
On trying Great Lakes IPA for the first time, Travis said, “I found the Great Lakes IPA to be flavorful and it went down smooth.” As for me, I found the beer to be refreshing and the citrus flavor reminded me of being at the beach or chilling outside on a nice, warm day.
4. Good company always makes Happy Hour fun. Happy Hour must be enjoyed with a friend or loved one. It’s a great way to relax and unwind from your busy day.
After a long day of work, you and your sweetie can sit back and relax while enjoying Happy Hour from the comfort of your backyard. Or make it a fun group activity by inviting your friends over for Happy Hour!
5. Turn up the music! Lastly, to make your Happy Hour complete, you will need good music. You can play tunes on your favorite vinyl or you can stream your favorite playlist on your mobile device.
For our Happy Hour, Travis and I listened to the soothing sounds of iconic jazz artists like Miles Davis, Art Tatum, and Ahmad Jamal. Jazz is my favorite type of music to listen to when I am trying to relax, especially after a busy day!
Life can get pretty darn busy sometimes, especially when you’re a busy, working parent like Travis and me. The busyness of life doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some time to yourself or with a loved one.
Just like the wonderful employees of Great Lakes Brewing Co.— at the end of a long day, they find refreshment in Great Lakes IPA! All it takes is a little creativity to recreate the perfect Happy Hour from the comfort of your home!
Do you have any tips on how to create Happy Hour at home?
I am excited to partner with Great Lakes Brewing Co. to host a giveaway for you! You could win a cool GLBC swag gift!
Here’s how you can enter to win:
Head over to Instagram and check out my post about Great Lakes Brewing Co.
In the comments section, tag your happiest hour friend and include the hashtag #GreatLakesIPA.
Follow Great Lakes IPA on Instagram.
Simply RT my Great Lakes IPA Giveaway Announcement.
The giveaway will end on Friday, April 26th at 11:59 p.m. EST The winner will be announced on Saturday!
EXTENDED! The giveaway date has been changed to end on Sunday, April 28th at 11:59 p.m. EST. The winner will be announced on Monday, April 29th!
Giveaway Disclaimer: Must be age 21+ and a U.S. resident to enter. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This giveaway will end on Sunday, April 28th at 11:59 p.m. EST. Winner will be randomly selected and announced on Monday, April 29th.
Make sure you try the new Great Lakes IPA! Travis and I love the refreshing taste of this new IPA. For more information about Great Lakes Brewing Co. and their new Great Lakes IPA, visit their official website here. You can also follow GLBC on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
ALSO, CHECK OUT ON THE BLOG:
- Photographs from “The Burn Kill Ego” Art Exhibition ft. Errin “Lightheart” Whitaker
- Our Homeschool Field Trip to Watch ‘Formosa Roadside Wedding Banquet’ at the DIA
- Deepak Chopra on the Healing Power of “Love-in-Action”
- New Midtown Restaurant Smith & Co. Grand Opening is Tomorrow
- Hanging Out at the Detroit Youth Choir Watch Party
All photos were taken by the Hamra Family for Good Life Detroit.