Hi, friends! Tomorrow (9/20) a new restaurant will open its doors in Detroit’s Midtown neighborhood– Smith & Co.
Located at 644 Selden Street, Smith & Co. will feature “a menu focused on the cultural blend that makes the city so unique, with locally sourced ingredients and a deliciously Detroit vibe.”
HONORING DETROIT FLAVORS AND CUISINES
This news comes from the Smith & Co. restaurant and general manager David Mammel is hoping to honor “the flavors and cuisines” of Detroit.
“What we’re hoping to build is a restaurant that honors the flavors and cuisines that this city has been serving for years. This neighborhood and building are the perfect place to do this with both having a rich, storied presence.”David Mammel, General Manager of Smith & Co.
Mr. Mammel is the general manager of Smith & Co. Executive Chef Greg Antioho will also oversee the restaurant’s daily operation.
SMITH & CO. HIGHLIGHTS
- casual dining
- open 7 days a week
- lunch on Saturdays and Sundays
- weekend brunch specials
According to the Smith & Co. news release, guests can enjoy the Detroit-centric culinary creations of small plates, sandwiches, salads, entrees, and desserts courtesy of Chef Greg Antioho.
SMITH & CO. MENU HIGHLIGHTS
- Sugar Plum Salad
- Empanadas with chorizo from Corridor Sausage in Detroit
- sandwiches made with Detroit’s Avalon International Breads
- McClure’s made-in-Detroit pickles
- Vernors and Faygo Rock & Rye ice cream floats
- cocktails and unique craft beers
- exclusive beers from Nain Rouge (set to open later this year)
Smith & Co. will also use Michigan-made ingredients from some of your favorite brands such as Chelsea’s Fluffy Bottom Farms, Ypsilanti’s Sugarbush Farm’s, Ann Arbor’s White Lotus Farms, Grand Rapids’ Mrs. Dogs mustard, Okemos’ shrimp, Otto’s chicken, and Harrietta Hills’ trout.
ARCHITECTURAL AND URBAN DESIGN OF SMITH & CO.
Smith & Co. shares the details of the architectural and urban design of the restaurant:
“While maintaining components from the original building built in 1917 from which family-owned Smith Welding Supply & Equipment Company operated for 90 years until 2007, architectural and urban design group, VolumeOne Design Studio, LLC, an international firm with a Detroit office, has created an atmosphere that encompasses the natural beauty of the Michigan outdoors with a mix of urban elements.
The 7,000-square-foot facility is a combination of wood, metals, brick, and concrete. With seating for up to approximately 160 in the dining area, it can easily accommodate very large parties. A unique concrete bar seats 19 for drinks and full-service dining with a surrounding lounge serving bar snacks and the beverage menu. Full-service dining will be available on the patio, which will share a courtyard with the brewery and another business, Barcade.”
SMITH & CO. HOURS
You can visit Smith & Co. any day of the week, as the new restaurant will be open Sunday – Saturday. Here are the Smith & Co. hours of operation:
- Monday – Thursday: 4 – 11 P.M.
- Friday: 4 P.M. – midnight
- Saturday: 11 A.M. – midnight
- Sunday: 11 A.M. – 10 P.M.
Carryout and delivery will be offered Delivery will be provided through DoorDash and ordered online at www.smithandcodetroit.com.
You can make reservations for Smith & Co. on the website through Wisely.
SUBSCRIBE TO GOOD LIFE DETROIT
ALSO, CHECKOUT ON THE BLOG:
- Visiting the Crossing Night: Regional Identities x Global Context Art Exhibition at MOCAD
- T-Boz on TLC’s Legacy, Touring with Chilli and Beating the Odds
- Lindsey Vonn’s Incredible Climb and View from the Top
- Four New Broadway Shows Coming to Detroit in 2020 (Tickets Go On Sale This Friday!)
- A Heartwarming Evening at Gigs for Digs and Mitch Albom’s ‘Finding Chika’ Book Launch
All photographs are courtesy of Smith & Co.